Leadership team success is determined by two factors: competency and cohesion.
Developing leaders one by one isn’t enough. Teams have the power to support and encourage growth and development, because “None of us is as smart as all of us.”
The fastest way to accelerate individual and team evolution is through facilitating an exchange of ideas, practices and insights among smart, open minded and passionate leaders. Team-wide facilitated learning improves mindsets and skillsets. It can stand alone as an executive retreat, it can come in multiple touches of boardroom facilitation, or it can be an ongoing deep dive of TeamGenius.
The goal of team performance is always the same: alignment and cohesion. We help accelerate performance by removing the barriers to team cohesion.
Through disciplined processes and poignant inquiry, teams are able to focus, disagree, negotiate, converge and commit to next steps. Executives leave the meeting with clarity on four dimensions: 1. What they are focused on 2. Why it’s important 3. Who will execute 4. How to measure progress
- We had booked Eric for an executive-team facilitation when disaster struck and we had to urgently lay-off 60% of our company. We used the scheduled day offsite with Eric and 25 managers to come up with a plan to save the business. There was a lot of fear and anxiety as even some in the room wouldn’t keep their jobs. Eric facilitated the process masterfully. By the end of the day, we knew what we had to do and why we had to do it. We executed on the plan the next day & have since turned the company around! – Kai Hankinson, CEO at Sambreel
Genius arises when smart, competent and driven leaders are guided to solve one another’s problems and cross pollinate best practices. Team Genius is a facilitated processes that integrates hundreds of years of experience and applies it in real time to one person at a time.
The guided genius of an internal team develops perspective, passion, plans and priorities. It also accelerates relationship building and team cohesion. Using peer-to-peer facilitated exchanges, Team Genius amplifies members’ ability to stimulate results that solve current and relevant business issues. Critical leadership skills are sharpened: enhanced decision making, team performance, strategic thinking and mutual motivation.
Team Genius participants report increased commitment, engagement and results. They are more focused in their actions, reach beyond silos and improve communication and collaboration.
A facilitated retreat leverages focus and undistracted attention to foster better decisions, plans and relationships. It is both a team building and business planning process for senior managers. Conducted off-site, and lasting a day or more, an executive team retreat is a chance to get out of the fray of daily battle and reflect, strategize, bond and rejuvenate.
A three day retreat can erase years of tension and confusion while crafting breakthrough strategy for growth. Teams emerge refreshed and recharged, their decision-making improved, and the business reaches new levels of success. Renewed cohesion yields new energy, the type of energy that can only come from creative unity.
- I met Eric when he spoke at our Vistage meeting several years ago and I was hooked. His clarity, depth, wisdom, candor, flexibility and perceptiveness are amazing. These traits have been priceless in facilitating four of our executive Vision Retreats. In addition to driving amazing results, he understands people and their need to be engaged. Eric is brilliant! – Jill Blashack Strahan, Founder & CEO at Tastefully Simple
The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.
This coaching accelerator is based on the work of Leadership as a Hero’s Journey. The design equips practicing coaches to deepen and intensify your coaching with ideas and tools that are proven to strengthen coaching results – helping clients grow intellectually, creatively, and interpersonally.
This program uses the Four Virtues Model of Focus, Courage, Grit, and Faith to apply coaching techniques and personal evolution. Conceptual constructs and coaching principles will be practiced in real time, real world coaching scenarios and role plays. Discussing, demonstrating, and critiquing application of the Four Virtues personal evolution will be the core of the learning. Readings and peer coaching will complement skill practice.
Upon completion of this course coaches will:
- Be able to define their coaching edge
- Craft a plan to keep their doubt and anxiety from affecting their clients
- Learn and practice applying Courage skills as coaches
- Learn to manage the affect of limiting beliefs on their coaching
- Learn to assess a client’s stage of change readiness
- Create an Personal Coaching Evolution Plan
- Learn how to bring mindful skill to deepen coaching results
Participants are required to:
- Attend live on-line eight bi-weekly 90 minute sessions
- Take an Axiometric Assessment (included) and debrief with instructor
- Meet weekly with their Peer Partner Coach
- Complete readings (not onerous 🙂 )
- Dig deep to find their edge and step toward it
This course is limited to cohorts of 8 practicing coaches.
Next program begins in Late March, 2016. Contact us for details.
About Eric Kaufmann:
I’ve been coaching and consulting with executives of Fortune 1000 companies since 1999. For eight years I’ve been teaching a Coaching Certificate program at San Diego State University. In addition to coaching leaders and coaches, I draw on my management at Fortune 100 firms, degrees in business and psychology, a quarter century of Zen practice, living in Israel and South Africa, teaching as a Master Scuba Diving instructor, and working as a certified hypnotherapist.
I”m President of Sagatica, an executive coaching, facilitation, and strategy firm. Sagatica is for business executives in large and established companies seeking to optimize untapped leadership potential. Our firm is an internationally recognized leadership facilitator that blends a strategic approach with Zen practice so leaders can consistently accelerate results!