Information Collected by Sagatica
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our member community, which is to enable users to discover and share information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
In order for you to use Sagatica services, such as submitting new links to the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your full name and e-mail address).
- Automatic Information:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Sagatica and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Sagatica cookie information, and the page you requested. Sagatica uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
Sagatica may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Sagatica will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Sagatica will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. Sagatica may send out e-mails with Sagatica-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Sagatica, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please email email@example.com. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Sagatica cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Sagatica Personnel: Sagatica personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Sagatica business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Sagatica, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your Sagatica information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 18 years and older to register to use the Sagatica University website.
Conditions of Use